Northern Suburbs News
2 firefighters charged with child sex abuse
WEST HAVEN, Conn. -- Vermont state police have charged two men with Connecticut ties in an alleged child sexual assault case spanning several years that involved a victim who says he was wrapped in cellophane and subjected to other bondage.
State police charged 39-year-old Frank Meyer of West Haven, Conn., and 42-year-old Brett Bartolotta of Cavendish, Vt., with aggravated sexual assault and slave trafficking Wednesday.
The New Haven Register reports Meyer is a West Haven Fire Department captain and Bartolotta is a former West Haven firefighter.
Authorities say a 25-year-old man came forward with the allegations last month, saying the assaults began when he was 12 and the sexual relations continued to last year.
The assaults allegedly occurred in Ludlow and Cavendish.
Both men pleaded not guilty and are detained on $50,000 bail.
northern suburbs news
- Snow moves out, bitter cold moves in 46 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- New Jersey getting hit with another dose of snow
- Long Island gets through snow blast 7 min ago
- Snow leaves little accumulation throughout NYC 13 min ago
- Off-duty officer killed in Queens after crashing into storefront
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela at memorial
- Photos: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro
- Justin Bieber visits Philippine typhoon victims
- WestJet plays Santa to 250 lucky passengers
- Snow leaves little accumulation throughout...
13 min ago
- Snow moves out, bitter cold moves in
46 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos