Northern Suburbs News
2 firefighters charged with child sex abuse
WEST HAVEN, Conn. -- Vermont state police have charged two men with Connecticut ties in an alleged child sexual assault case spanning several years that involved a victim who says he was wrapped in cellophane and subjected to other bondage.
State police charged 39-year-old Frank Meyer of West Haven, Conn., and 42-year-old Brett Bartolotta of Cavendish, Vt., with aggravated sexual assault and slave trafficking Wednesday.
The New Haven Register reports Meyer is a West Haven Fire Department captain and Bartolotta is a former West Haven firefighter.
Authorities say a 25-year-old man came forward with the allegations last month, saying the assaults began when he was 12 and the sexual relations continued to last year.
The assaults allegedly occurred in Ludlow and Cavendish.
Both men pleaded not guilty and are detained on $50,000 bail.
northern suburbs news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 23 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center 8 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin 9 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Suspect in Myls Dobson murder due in court
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Photos: A look back at the 1964 World's Fair
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
23 min ago
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ...
8 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos