Northern Suburbs News
2 firefighters charged with child sex abuse
WEST HAVEN, Conn. -- Vermont state police have charged two men with Connecticut ties in an alleged child sexual assault case spanning several years that involved a victim who says he was wrapped in cellophane and subjected to other bondage.
State police charged 39-year-old Frank Meyer of West Haven, Conn., and 42-year-old Brett Bartolotta of Cavendish, Vt., with aggravated sexual assault and slave trafficking Wednesday.
The New Haven Register reports Meyer is a West Haven Fire Department captain and Bartolotta is a former West Haven firefighter.
Authorities say a 25-year-old man came forward with the allegations last month, saying the assaults began when he was 12 and the sexual relations continued to last year.
The assaults allegedly occurred in Ludlow and Cavendish.
Both men pleaded not guilty and are detained on $50,000 bail.
northern suburbs news
- Oil slicks spotted in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92 37 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Oil slicks spotted in hunt for missing...
13 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos