Northern Suburbs News
Man escapes unhurt after car overturns
(DATELINE) (WABC) -- A New York City man escaped injury after his car overturned and crashed in the Dutchess County town of Pleasant Valley.
Police say 68-year old Guy Wildenstein fell asleep at the wheel Saturday afternoon while traveling on State Route 44.
He drove off the southern shoulder of the road and struck a mailbox and then the sign of the Pleasant Valley Motel.
Police say his 2011 Mercedes SUV crushed a parked 1998 Ford Escort before coming to rest on its side in the motel parking lot.
State troopers used a seat belt knife to free Wildenstein from the vehicle.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
dutchess county, accident, northern suburbs news
- Worker trapped in waist-deep mud in Queens trench 11 min ago
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Thunderstorms
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Arrest in deadly stabbing of livery cab driver
- Stabbing reported near Times Square
- NSA director says plot against Wall Street foiled
- FBI releases new footage in Times Square bomb 52 min ago
- LIRR cancels 21 trains for evening rush
- 2 dead in double shootingi in NJ doctor's office
- Chrysler agrees to recall Jeeps at risk of fire
- Leonia firehouse shut in wake of sex assault 57 min ago
- Photos: Hong Kong-Newark Plane disturbance
- Photos: Miss Connecticut crowned Miss USA