Northern Suburbs News
Man escapes unhurt after car overturns
(DATELINE) (WABC) -- A New York City man escaped injury after his car overturned and crashed in the Dutchess County town of Pleasant Valley.
Police say 68-year old Guy Wildenstein fell asleep at the wheel Saturday afternoon while traveling on State Route 44.
He drove off the southern shoulder of the road and struck a mailbox and then the sign of the Pleasant Valley Motel.
Police say his 2011 Mercedes SUV crushed a parked 1998 Ford Escort before coming to rest on its side in the motel parking lot.
State troopers used a seat belt knife to free Wildenstein from the vehicle.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
dutchess county, accident, northern suburbs news
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera
- BridgeGate panel could call Gov. Chris Christie to testify
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87 43 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014