Northern Suburbs News
Man escapes unhurt after car overturns
(DATELINE) (WABC) -- A New York City man escaped injury after his car overturned and crashed in the Dutchess County town of Pleasant Valley.
Police say 68-year old Guy Wildenstein fell asleep at the wheel Saturday afternoon while traveling on State Route 44.
He drove off the southern shoulder of the road and struck a mailbox and then the sign of the Pleasant Valley Motel.
Police say his 2011 Mercedes SUV crushed a parked 1998 Ford Escort before coming to rest on its side in the motel parking lot.
State troopers used a seat belt knife to free Wildenstein from the vehicle.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
dutchess county, accident, northern suburbs news
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard 28 min ago
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' fame dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying...
28 min ago