Northern Suburbs News
Dog attacked by coyotes in Fairfield
FAIRFIELD, Conn. (WABC) -- A dog in Connecticut is recovering after being attacked by coyotes.
His name is Nathan and he looks no worse for wear, but when you take a closer look you can see what he's been through.
Both sides of his neck have puncture wounds and marks where two coyotes attacked him.
It happened Sunday night on Galloping Hill Road in a heavily wooded section of Fairfield.
Alicia Genova's husband let Nathan out around 9:30.
The 7-year-old rat terrier ran out to the front lawn where the coyotes pounced in a matter of seconds.
Coyotes are not rare and do prey on small animals.
Even though they're afraid of people, Sunday's incident has residents concerned.
The coyotes have gotten so brazen; the Town of Fairfield is considering applying to the state DEP for trapping permits.
Experts caution trapping is just one solution.
Educating the public on how to scare the animals away is key.
In the meantime, Nathan is on antibiotics, anti-inflammatories, and is getting a lot of TLC.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
fairfield, connecticut, coyote, northern suburbs news, marcus solis
- Teen heading to prom dies in car accident
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- 2nd murder conviction in death of cop Peter Figoski
- 'Unusual condition' seen before Metro North crash
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river 34 min ago
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- A-Rod sells home and makes $15 Million profit 30 min ago
- abcnews: Hurricane season could be 'extremely active'
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash....
34 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos