Northern Suburbs News
Woman falls through floor, dies in home
STONY POINT (WABC) -- A freak accident in Stony Point, Rockland County killed a woman inside her home.
Eyewitness News is told 63-year-old Diane Wilson was found trapped in her bathroom floor.
Officials report she actually fallen through her floor, or at least a leg fell through and then she became trapped.
Neighbors believe there had been some water damage to her floor, which may have compromised the structure.
When she failed to show up for work for at least three days, her supervisor apparently called authorities. The victim worked as a nurse.
Sadly, help would come too late.
Residents on Cricket Town Road say the victim cared for her 91-year-old elderly mother. Officials say Rosemary Wilson was bedridden and pretty incoherent and could not answer any questions.
The elderly mother has since been removed from the house and brought to the hospital.
Police do not suspect any foul play.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
rockland county, stony point, accident, northern suburbs news, lucy yang
- Man shot multiple times in Nassau County 7 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- At least 8 hurt when car jumps curb in East Village 7 min ago
- No remains found in latest Jimmy Hoffa search 7 min ago
- Robbery suspect dead in Brooklyn police shooting
- Worker pulled from waist-deep mud in Queens trench
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth 59 min ago
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Slim Whitman, country singer, dies 45 min ago
- Photos: Most endangered historic places
- Photos: Bear the police dog
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos