Northern Suburbs News
Woman falls through floor, dies in home
STONY POINT (WABC) -- A freak accident in Stony Point, Rockland County killed a woman inside her home.
Eyewitness News is told 63-year-old Diane Wilson was found trapped in her bathroom floor.
Officials report she actually fallen through her floor, or at least a leg fell through and then she became trapped.
Neighbors believe there had been some water damage to her floor, which may have compromised the structure.
When she failed to show up for work for at least three days, her supervisor apparently called authorities. The victim worked as a nurse.
Sadly, help would come too late.
Residents on Cricket Town Road say the victim cared for her 91-year-old elderly mother. Officials say Rosemary Wilson was bedridden and pretty incoherent and could not answer any questions.
The elderly mother has since been removed from the house and brought to the hospital.
Police do not suspect any foul play.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
rockland county, stony point, accident, northern suburbs news, lucy yang
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center 6 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin 7 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Suspect in Myls Dobson murder due in court
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Photos: A look back at the 1964 World's Fair
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
21 min ago
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ...
6 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos