Northern Suburbs News
Woman falls through floor, dies in home
STONY POINT (WABC) -- A freak accident in Stony Point, Rockland County killed a woman inside her home.
Eyewitness News is told 63-year-old Diane Wilson was found trapped in her bathroom floor.
Officials report she actually fallen through her floor, or at least a leg fell through and then she became trapped.
Neighbors believe there had been some water damage to her floor, which may have compromised the structure.
When she failed to show up for work for at least three days, her supervisor apparently called authorities. The victim worked as a nurse.
Sadly, help would come too late.
Residents on Cricket Town Road say the victim cared for her 91-year-old elderly mother. Officials say Rosemary Wilson was bedridden and pretty incoherent and could not answer any questions.
The elderly mother has since been removed from the house and brought to the hospital.
Police do not suspect any foul play.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
rockland county, stony point, accident, northern suburbs news, lucy yang
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam 32 min ago
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 33 min ago
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap 11 min ago
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day...
29 min ago
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
32 min ago
- Man who took video explains high school fued
24 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos