Northern Suburbs News
First permanent memorial to Sandy Hook victims complete
NEWTOWN (WABC) -- The first permanent memorial to the school shooting victims in Newtown, Connecticut is now complete.
There are 26 stars on the roof of the Sandy Hook firehouse - one for each of the people killed in the attack.
There are small stars for the 20 first graders, and larger stars for the teachers and principal who lost their lives.
The first responders at the station say they hope the memorial stands as a beacon of hope and a symbol of unity after the tragedy.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, school lockdown, shooting, newtown, newtown school shooting, mass shooting, northern suburbs news
- Fire tears through Carlstadt post office 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool 43 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire 17 min ago
- Boy found dead on building scaffolding in Bronx
- Yanks pitcher Pineda ejected for substance on neck
- Police search for arson suspect in Brooklyn
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
43 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos