Northern Suburbs News
First permanent memorial to Sandy Hook victims complete
NEWTOWN (WABC) -- The first permanent memorial to the school shooting victims in Newtown, Connecticut is now complete.
There are 26 stars on the roof of the Sandy Hook firehouse - one for each of the people killed in the attack.
There are small stars for the 20 first graders, and larger stars for the teachers and principal who lost their lives.
The first responders at the station say they hope the memorial stands as a beacon of hope and a symbol of unity after the tragedy.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, school lockdown, shooting, newtown, newtown school shooting, mass shooting, northern suburbs news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ