Northern Suburbs News
First permanent memorial to Sandy Hook victims complete
NEWTOWN (WABC) -- The first permanent memorial to the school shooting victims in Newtown, Connecticut is now complete.
There are 26 stars on the roof of the Sandy Hook firehouse - one for each of the people killed in the attack.
There are small stars for the 20 first graders, and larger stars for the teachers and principal who lost their lives.
The first responders at the station say they hope the memorial stands as a beacon of hope and a symbol of unity after the tragedy.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, school lockdown, shooting, newtown, newtown school shooting, mass shooting, northern suburbs news
- Teen clerk beaten in deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos