Northern Suburbs News
Woman killed when husband drives wrong way
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A woman was killed after her husband drove the wrong way on the New York State Thruway for miles.
State police say 81-year-old Alvin Lapides drove north in the southbound lanes, starting in Nanuet.
He went nine miles in the wrong direction until he hit another car head on in Ramapo.
His wife, Madeline, was killed in the crash.
The other driver was not injured.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
nanuet, ramapo, wrong way driver, northern suburbs news
- Residents warned to look out for black ice
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Avonte's mother continues search with new headquarters
- Limited 7 train service on entire line
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Fire inside the Marriott Marquis in Times Square
- Man struck and killed by car on LIE
- Flu shots could be mandatory for NYC kids
- Photos: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- WestJet plays Santa to 250 lucky passengers
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide