Northern Suburbs News
Man charged with murder in '04 asphalt toss death
WESTCHESTER -- A Yonkers man has been accused of killing a woman by throwing a chunk of asphalt through her windshield from a highway overpass.
The Westchester district attorney says 26-year-old Alberto Plasencia has been charged with second-degree murder.
He was arrested Tuesday, nearly nine years after the fatal crash.
Marie McSweeney, of Queens, was driving south on the Sprain Brook Parkway when a chunk of asphalt 10 inches long slammed through her windshield and hit her in the head in 2004.
The car crashed and the 48-year-old McSweeney was killed. Her 87-year-old mother survived.
The district attorney's office says new information came to light in 2009 that led to Plasencia's arrest. A spokesman would not elaborate.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
westchester county, yonkers, murder, northern suburbs news
- House fire in New Brunswick 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold 28 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual 9 min ago
- George Washington Bridge reopens for morning commute 41 min ago
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- George Washington Bridge reopens for...
41 min ago
- Baruch College student dies in apparent...
9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
28 min ago