Northern Suburbs News
Parents arrested after high schoolers party at home
NEW YORK (WABC) -- In Westchester County, a harsh lesson for any parent who thinks it's OK for teenagers to party at their house illegally drinking and smoking dope.
A mom and dad are charged after scores of teenagers show up at their son's party in Cortlandt.
There was no one home at the Alverez house on Tuesday night.
37-year-old Bolivar Alverez and his 38-year-old wife Gladys were perhaps keeping a low profile after their arrest over the weekend.
Neighbor Marienne Lawrence heard some of the commotion late Saturday night.
"I knew it was a party, didn't know where it was coming from," Lawrence said.
Police say it was coming from 201 Buttonwood Avenue. According to investigators, the Alvarez house across from Hudson Valley Hospital Center had become party central.
The small house was packed with teenagers, 80 to 100 high schoolers.
"What did you see when you got home?" Eyewitness News asked.
"Just cars, actually couldn't park in front of my house," said Tricia Griffith, a neighbor.
But what neighbors didn't see was what was happening inside, and allegedly with the parents' knowledge.
According to investigators there was alcohol and drugs in the house.
Now the couple is facing a slew of legal problems and the scorn of some of their neighbors.
"Parents have to be more responsible," a neighbor said.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
cortlandt manor, northern suburbs news, jeff pegues
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting 59 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 14 min ago
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry...
14 min ago