Northern Suburbs News
Parents arrested after high schoolers party at home
NEW YORK (WABC) -- In Westchester County, a harsh lesson for any parent who thinks it's OK for teenagers to party at their house illegally drinking and smoking dope.
A mom and dad are charged after scores of teenagers show up at their son's party in Cortlandt.
There was no one home at the Alverez house on Tuesday night.
37-year-old Bolivar Alverez and his 38-year-old wife Gladys were perhaps keeping a low profile after their arrest over the weekend.
Neighbor Marienne Lawrence heard some of the commotion late Saturday night.
"I knew it was a party, didn't know where it was coming from," Lawrence said.
Police say it was coming from 201 Buttonwood Avenue. According to investigators, the Alvarez house across from Hudson Valley Hospital Center had become party central.
The small house was packed with teenagers, 80 to 100 high schoolers.
"What did you see when you got home?" Eyewitness News asked.
"Just cars, actually couldn't park in front of my house," said Tricia Griffith, a neighbor.
But what neighbors didn't see was what was happening inside, and allegedly with the parents' knowledge.
According to investigators there was alcohol and drugs in the house.
Now the couple is facing a slew of legal problems and the scorn of some of their neighbors.
"Parents have to be more responsible," a neighbor said.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
cortlandt manor, northern suburbs news, jeff pegues
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler 25 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at N.J. shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- Metro-North to require sleep apnea evaluation
- One dead, another rescued in Long Island fire
- Not so fast! Palcohol not approved by federal government
- Passengers step up to help elderly man in bus brawl
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- Brooklyn hit and run suspect identified by police
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
25 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos