Northern Suburbs News
Vote calls for entrance monitoring at Mamaroneck schools
MAMARONECK, N.Y. (WABC) -- The Mamaroneck School Board passed a resolution Tuesday night calling for the immediate installation of entrance monitoring systems at the elementary and middle schools.
The system would include a buzzer system with video and audio. Someone inside the school would be responsible for buzzing people in. Who that will be is still being discussed.
The high school already has a security camera system, but not buzzers. There are no plans to install those there now.
The move comes after an unidentified man with a gun tried to get inside Hammocks Middle School last week. He left when he was told he couldn't and hasn't been found. Schools were placed on lockdown when the incident was reported.
Police will continue to patrol the schools as they've always done.
Tuesday night's meeting was at Mamaroneck High School. School security will be discussed again at the next board meeting on January 22nd.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mamaroneck, northern suburbs news
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild 13 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Metro North trains collide, 60 people injured
- 5 people injured, struck by vehicles in the Bronx
- Vigil held for Hofstra shooting victim
- EXCLUSIVE: Hot oil attack speaks out after hospital release
- Powerball jackpot jumps to $600 million
- Bieber will have to pay for German monkey business
- Woman, boyfriend found shot to death in NJ park
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport 10 min ago
- Photos: Metro North trains collide, at least 60...
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild
13 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos