Northern Suburbs News
2 female jail escapees captured in Connecticut
NIANTIC -- Authorities say they have captured two inmates who escaped from the York Correctional Institution.
Officials say 30-year-old Melissa Riley, of Willimantic, and 34-year-old Jessica Rivera, of Waterbury, were captured about 8 p.m. Sunday in Hartford. They were returned to York Correctional, where they were charged with escape and held on $500,000 bail each.
Prison officials say they could not locate the pair at the minimum security facility about 8:15 p.m. Saturday.
The facility was placed in lockdown.
Riley was in prison for a drug charge, while Rivera was serving time for conspiracy.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
northern suburbs news
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
12 min ago