Northern Suburbs News
2 female jail escapees captured in Connecticut
NIANTIC -- Authorities say they have captured two inmates who escaped from the York Correctional Institution.
Officials say 30-year-old Melissa Riley, of Willimantic, and 34-year-old Jessica Rivera, of Waterbury, were captured about 8 p.m. Sunday in Hartford. They were returned to York Correctional, where they were charged with escape and held on $500,000 bail each.
Prison officials say they could not locate the pair at the minimum security facility about 8:15 p.m. Saturday.
The facility was placed in lockdown.
Riley was in prison for a drug charge, while Rivera was serving time for conspiracy.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
northern suburbs news
- Officer arrested in firebombing of captain's home
- Heavy rain sparks flash flooding
- AccuWeather Alert: Drenching downpours
- Eyewitness News Live
- Jury deadlocked on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy attacked by another on city bus, video
- Boy Scouts to accept openly gay boys as Scouts
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem Thursday
- Rangers stay alive with OT goal against Bruins 5 min ago
- The New DNA fingerprint: Cell phones
- Photographer chronicles wife's breast cancer battle
- abcnews: 'Extremely Active' Potential For Hurricane...
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale