Northern Suburbs News
2 female jail escapees captured in Connecticut
NIANTIC -- Authorities say they have captured two inmates who escaped from the York Correctional Institution.
Officials say 30-year-old Melissa Riley, of Willimantic, and 34-year-old Jessica Rivera, of Waterbury, were captured about 8 p.m. Sunday in Hartford. They were returned to York Correctional, where they were charged with escape and held on $500,000 bail each.
Prison officials say they could not locate the pair at the minimum security facility about 8:15 p.m. Saturday.
The facility was placed in lockdown.
Riley was in prison for a drug charge, while Rivera was serving time for conspiracy.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
northern suburbs news
- Missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy possibly found
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video 3 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports 47 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew...
47 min ago