Northern Suburbs News
Body of Newtown shooter Adam Lanza claimed
NEWTOWN, Conn. -- The father of the gunman who killed 26 people in a Connecticut school shooting has claimed his son's body for burial.
A spokesman for the family said Monday that Peter Lanza claimed the remains of Adam Lanza.
The 20-year-old Adam Lanza killed 20 first-graders and six adults at the Sandy Hook Elementary School on Dec. 14. He also killed his mother in their Newtown home before going on the rampage and then committing suicide.
A private funeral was held earlier this month in New Hampshire for his mother, Nancy Lanza, who was divorced from Peter Lanza.
Peter Lanza lives in Stamford, Conn., and is a tax director at General Electric.
Police have not offered a motive for the killings.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, school lockdown, shooting, newtown, newtown school shooting, mass shooting, northern suburbs news
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club 48 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold 24 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 21 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads 1 min ago
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen 24 min ago
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
24 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos