Northern Suburbs News
United jet slips off runway in Albany; No injuries
ALBANY, New York -- A spokesman for the Albany County Airport Authority says a regional jet skidded into a snow bank and became stuck, stranding passengers. No injuries were reported.
The United flight was leaving the gate in Albany en route to Chicago Saturday when it slid off the paved road. The 65 passengers and crew were uninjured and were evacuated from the plane, put on a bus and sent back to the airport.
Airport authority spokesman Doug Myers says the accident didn't case any other airport delays. The plane was removed from the snow bank and will be inspected for any problems.
Myers said the airline would determine what happened with the jet. It was snowing lightly at the airport Saturday.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
northern suburbs news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler 40 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center 45 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- US deploys 600 troops to Ukraine border nations
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens 42 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect 14 min ago
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack 6 min ago
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Photos: A look back at the 1964 World's Fair
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
40 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos