Northern Suburbs News
Boy, 2, reunited with father after Amber Alert
HARTFORD, Conn. (WABC) -- A 2-year-old boy and his father were reunited in Connecticut Thursday night after an Amber Alert had been issued.
The father left his Cadillac running, with Louis Trinidad, Jr., in the backseat, to go inside a store in Hartford.
That's when someone hopped in the car and drove off, without knowing there was a baby inside.
Luckily, a woman in Bristol who saw the Amber Alert and spotted the child called police.
After a few more tips were called in, police were able to track down the suspect and arrest him.
Louis and his dad were reunited in Bristol.
The investigation is ongoing.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, hartford, amber alert, northern suburbs news
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Bill Bratton tapped to return as NYPD commisioner
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women
- World Cup teams hoping for luck of the draw 34 min ago
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- Photos: Long Island Rail Road massacre
- Metro-North derailment victim Jim Lovell to be laid to rest
- Freeze takes an icy grip on much of the nation