Northern Suburbs News
Arrest made in Hyde Park stabbing murder
HYDE PARK, N.Y. -- Authorities say an upstate New York man has been arrested in Florida for killing a 67-year-old woman whose body was found in her Hudson Valley home on Thanksgiving Day.
State police say that Justin Curran was arrested Tuesday night in Tampa, Fla., with the help of local police and U.S. Marshals.
Lt. James Murphy says Wednesday he'll be returned to New York after being charged with second-degree murder in the slaying of Laurie Ferguson.
Police say Curran lived in the same mobile home park in Hyde Park where Ferguson's body was found on Nov. 22. Authorities say she had been stabbed to death. Her car was found the next day at the nearby Staatsburg Reservoir.
Police haven't released a motive. Information on whether Curran has a lawyer wasn't initially available.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
dutchess county, murder, northern suburbs news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos