Northern Suburbs News
Arrest made in Hyde Park stabbing murder
HYDE PARK, N.Y. -- Authorities say an upstate New York man has been arrested in Florida for killing a 67-year-old woman whose body was found in her Hudson Valley home on Thanksgiving Day.
State police say that Justin Curran was arrested Tuesday night in Tampa, Fla., with the help of local police and U.S. Marshals.
Lt. James Murphy says Wednesday he'll be returned to New York after being charged with second-degree murder in the slaying of Laurie Ferguson.
Police say Curran lived in the same mobile home park in Hyde Park where Ferguson's body was found on Nov. 22. Authorities say she had been stabbed to death. Her car was found the next day at the nearby Staatsburg Reservoir.
Police haven't released a motive. Information on whether Curran has a lawyer wasn't initially available.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
dutchess county, murder, northern suburbs news
- Newtown 911 calls released
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Derailment survivor remembers sister who died
- Mayor-elect de Blasio names deputy mayor
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Bad Dog: Sunny knocks over child at holiday party
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013