Northern Suburbs News
Arrest made in Hyde Park stabbing murder
HYDE PARK, N.Y. -- Authorities say an upstate New York man has been arrested in Florida for killing a 67-year-old woman whose body was found in her Hudson Valley home on Thanksgiving Day.
State police say that Justin Curran was arrested Tuesday night in Tampa, Fla., with the help of local police and U.S. Marshals.
Lt. James Murphy says Wednesday he'll be returned to New York after being charged with second-degree murder in the slaying of Laurie Ferguson.
Police say Curran lived in the same mobile home park in Hyde Park where Ferguson's body was found on Nov. 22. Authorities say she had been stabbed to death. Her car was found the next day at the nearby Staatsburg Reservoir.
Police haven't released a motive. Information on whether Curran has a lawyer wasn't initially available.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
dutchess county, murder, northern suburbs news
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river 58 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Lingering flood waters create commuting headache
- Amanda Bynes arrested in Midtown, 41 min ago
- Man fatally stabbed during dispute in Chelsea 21 min ago
- Man beaten by subway performers on F train in Astoria 12 min ago
- Police hunt for man targeting Queens change machines 23 min ago
- Jury deadlocked on Jodi Arias penalty
- abcnews: Hurricane season could be 'extremely active' 55 min ago
- GMA's 2013 Summer Concert Series kicks off Friday 56 min ago
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse 58 min ago