Northern Suburbs News
Horrific accident claims life of teen girl in Newburgh
NEWBURGH (WABC) -- A teenage girl died in a car accident Monday night on Route 32 in Newburgh.
The accident happened around 7 p.m. near Mill Street.
The girl, a backseat passenger, was thrown from the car after it was clipped by another driver.
Police say an Audi carrying four people was traveling southbound at a high rate of speed, and when it went to get back into the southbound lanes, it was clipped by a northbound car
The force of the crash split her Audi in two, with one half landing almost 60 yards away.
Four other people were seriously hurt.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
newburgh, accident, northern suburbs news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act