Northern Suburbs News
'Millionaire Madam' still in jail
WHITE PLAINS (WABC) -- A suburban New York woman accused of running a high-end Manhattan escort service is still being jailed.
The other day when Anna Gristina's former attorney gave us an exclusive look at the 2 and a half million dollar TriBeCa loft he was offering to put up for the accused madam's bond, Peter Gleason claimed he had only her interest at heart.
But on Monday, Gristina's attorney to court to tell a judge his client had suddenly rejected Gleason's offer to post het$250,000 bond and she would remain on Rikers.
Sources are telling us that Gristina balked when Gleason threatened to pull his offer unless he personally escorted her when she was released and that he then wanted to take her to a private reception at his loft.
Bail bondsman Ira Judelson says he is working closely with Gristina's husband and other family members to come up with another option.
She's been behind bars since her February arrest on charges of promoting prostitution.
Prosecutors say Gristina peddled prostitutes for 15 years and boasted of law enforcement contacts. She says she was just starting a dating business. She has pleaded not guilty.
If you have a tip about this or any other issue you'd like investigated, please give our tipline a call at 877-TIP-NEWS. You may also e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
anna gristina, orange county, prostitution, arrest, northern suburbs news
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster