Northern Suburbs News
'Millionaire Madam' still in jail
WHITE PLAINS (WABC) -- A suburban New York woman accused of running a high-end Manhattan escort service is still being jailed.
The other day when Anna Gristina's former attorney gave us an exclusive look at the 2 and a half million dollar TriBeCa loft he was offering to put up for the accused madam's bond, Peter Gleason claimed he had only her interest at heart.
But on Monday, Gristina's attorney to court to tell a judge his client had suddenly rejected Gleason's offer to post het$250,000 bond and she would remain on Rikers.
Sources are telling us that Gristina balked when Gleason threatened to pull his offer unless he personally escorted her when she was released and that he then wanted to take her to a private reception at his loft.
Bail bondsman Ira Judelson says he is working closely with Gristina's husband and other family members to come up with another option.
She's been behind bars since her February arrest on charges of promoting prostitution.
Prosecutors say Gristina peddled prostitutes for 15 years and boasted of law enforcement contacts. She says she was just starting a dating business. She has pleaded not guilty.
If you have a tip about this or any other issue you'd like investigated, please give our tipline a call at 877-TIP-NEWS. You may also e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
anna gristina, orange county, prostitution, arrest, northern suburbs news
- Hofstra remembers Andrea Rebello at graduation
- AccuWeather: Dreary Night
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Metro North: Conn. train outage expected for days
- Tornadoes hit Kansas, Oklahoma; no injuries reported 32 min ago
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Man falls out window during Broadway show
- 3 wounded after shooting in Bedford-Stuyvesant
- Bruins top Rangers 5-2
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers