New York News
Sketch released of Brooklyn sex assault suspect
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police in Brooklyn are searching for a man who beat, robbed, and sexually assaulted a young woman.
It happened on Saturday at midnight in the Bedford-Stuyvesant section.
The 20-year-old woman was walking near Madison Street and Patchen Avenue, when the suspect approached her from behind, dragged her into Reinaldo Salgado Park, threw her to the ground, punched her repeatedly and stole approximately $60 from her.
The suspect then pushed the victim against a fence and sexually assaulted her before leaving.
The victim was taken to a local hospital in stable condition.
The suspect is described as 5'9", medium build, with light hazel eyes, and a medium skin tone. He was last seen wearing blue sweat pants and a dark hooded sweatshirt.
Anyone with information in regard to this incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, sexual assault, robbery, bedford-stuyvesant, brooklyn news, new york news
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital 38 min ago
- 4 dead, 280 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent...
38 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos