New York News
Long Island City burglaries suspect sought
LONG ISLAND CITY (WABC) -- NYPD investigators have released surveillance photos of a suspect wanted for questioning in connection to 5 burglaries in Long Island City, Queens.
The burglar gets into the residences by throwing a rock through the windows from an adjoining roof.
He has struck at least 5 times since mid-October.
Two of the incidents occurred at 30-30 47th Avenue and two others at 47-00 33rd Street. A fifth break-in occurred at 29-10 Thomson Avenue in Long Island City.
In each case, the burglar took jewelry or eye glass frames.
The suspect is described as a black man in his late 40's- early 50's with bald head and a medium build.
Anyone with information in regard to these incidents or the identity and whereabouts of the suspect is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477). You can also submit tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website at WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM or by texting tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus 45 min ago
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span 45 min ago
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera 16 min ago
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Boston rice cooker suspect sent to psych hospital