New York News
Long Island City burglaries suspect sought
LONG ISLAND CITY (WABC) -- NYPD investigators have released surveillance photos of a suspect wanted for questioning in connection to 5 burglaries in Long Island City, Queens.
The burglar gets into the residences by throwing a rock through the windows from an adjoining roof.
He has struck at least 5 times since mid-October.
Two of the incidents occurred at 30-30 47th Avenue and two others at 47-00 33rd Street. A fifth break-in occurred at 29-10 Thomson Avenue in Long Island City.
In each case, the burglar took jewelry or eye glass frames.
The suspect is described as a black man in his late 40's- early 50's with bald head and a medium build.
Anyone with information in regard to these incidents or the identity and whereabouts of the suspect is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477). You can also submit tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website at WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM or by texting tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to be laid to rest
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Baby critical after DWI firefighter hits pregnant woman 37 min ago
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns 21 min ago
- $270 million up for grabs in Friday Mega Millions drawing 3 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos