New York News
Upper East Side burglar breaking in through fire escapes
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The NYPD is searching for a suspect who has been robbing apartments on the Upper East Side by breaking in through the fire escapes.
Police have released a surveillance image of the man they're looking for.
They say he gains entry into unoccupied residences via the fire escape and leaves through the front door with jewelry and electronics.
He is wanted in connection with five burglaries and one attempted burglary within the past month.
The robberies have taken place on 1st, 2nd and 3rd Avenues, between East 63rd Street and East 92nd Street.
The suspect is described as being a white male with grey hair who was last seen wearing a dark blue t-shirt, blue jeans, black sneakers and carrying a black backpack.
Anyone with information in regard to these incidents is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers Website at http://WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM or texting their tips to 274637(CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, upper east side, burglary, new york city, new york news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent 22 min ago
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Bill would require equal access to tenant amenities
- Liam Neeson to tour stables amid carriage horse debate
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets 53 min ago
- Rangers top Red Wings 3-0 in Lundqvist's 300th win