New York News
Lamborghini splits in half in Brooklyn crash
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Lamborghini crashed in Mill Basin, Brooklyn on Saturday and actually split in half.
It's a safety feature of the sports car, which is valued at nearly half a million dollars.
Lamborghinis are designed, like all race cars, to distribute energy in extraordinary way away from the driver.
"Cut in half. Half and one side, went 40 feet down the street," said Ethan Bellin, a neighbor.
This was a violent crash Saturday at 5 p.m. caught in a homeowner's surveillance camera.
"Somebody is going to get killed or hurt," said Michael Yuryev, M.D., the surveillance video owner.
Dr. Michael Yuryev is the homeowner with the video.
"Our children, families walk here, ugly," Dr. Yuryev.
Neighbors say drivers speed on East 66th Street all the time. Now a Lamborghini has been cut in half and it is only a matter of time before something happens again.
"Young guys in fancy schmancy cars speeding along here," Dr. Yuryev said.
And he says sometimes they play games.
"You see two cars, high end, side to side, drag racing!" Dr. Yuryev said.
"They collide and then the white car hits this tree and splits in two. This is just another view," Dr. Yuryev said.
"How fast do you think he was going?" Eyewitness News asked.
"Twice the speed limit, maybe more," Dr. Yuryev said.
The Lamborghini driver gets out and walks back.
Dr. Yuryev is so upset about the careless speeding he has started a petition for local politicians to add a light, or bumps, or a stop sign along there.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, accident, brooklyn news, new york news, michelle charlesworth
- Missing Malaysia jet may have turned back 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 10 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Stage collapses at California high school: 30-40 hurt 14 min ago
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
10 min ago