New York News
Passenger locks cab driver in trunk
BRONX (WABC) -- On Thursday morning, a livery cab driver picked up a fare, and started heading to the Bronx.
The male passenger in the cab then pulled out a gun, and told the driver they were heading to Albany. He stole the driver's cell phone and money and then told the driver to pull off at Exit 23 on the Saw Mill River Parkway. That's when the passenger told the driver to get out of the car and then locked him in the trunk of the car.
The driver was able to open the trunk using a safety latch, and jumped out of the moving vehicle to find safety as it slowed down. The victim suffered minor injuries.
Police arrested the suspect, 27-year-old Robert Mizell and confiscated the vehicle. Mizell is charged with 2nd Degree Kidnapping, Criminal Use of a Firearm, Criminal Possession of a Weapon.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train 25 min ago
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Animal activists protest outside Liam Neeson's home
- Another delayed GM recall detailed by new documents 45 min ago
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines