New York News
Passenger locks cab driver in trunk
BRONX (WABC) -- On Thursday morning, a livery cab driver picked up a fare, and started heading to the Bronx.
The male passenger in the cab then pulled out a gun, and told the driver they were heading to Albany. He stole the driver's cell phone and money and then told the driver to pull off at Exit 23 on the Saw Mill River Parkway. That's when the passenger told the driver to get out of the car and then locked him in the trunk of the car.
The driver was able to open the trunk using a safety latch, and jumped out of the moving vehicle to find safety as it slowed down. The victim suffered minor injuries.
Police arrested the suspect, 27-year-old Robert Mizell and confiscated the vehicle. Mizell is charged with 2nd Degree Kidnapping, Criminal Use of a Firearm, Criminal Possession of a Weapon.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Bill would require equal access to tenant amenities 25 min ago
- Liam Neeson to tour stables amid carriage horse debate 6 min ago
- Stage collapses at California high school; dozens hurt
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams