New York News
4 bystanders hurt in shootout inside Manhattan club
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Four people were injured when gunfire erupted at a popular nightclub in Lower Manhattan overnight Thursday.
The shooting happened just after midnight at the Sound of Brazil club on Varick Street and West Houston in the West Village and sent panicked clubgoers scrambling for the exits.
Police say it was a shootout between rival gangs, and all the injured people were innocent bystanders.
They were all on hand for a mixtape release party for rapper Fat Trel, who is based out of Washington, D.C. The violence broke out just before the rapper was set to take the stage and perform tracks from his tape.
The shooting is not linked to Fat Trel.
Sources say the dispute was between a gang from New Jersey and another from New York City.
Two people were reported struck in the leg, while the other two were grazed. None of the injuries were believed to be life threatening.
No arrests have been made.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, lower manhattan, west village, shooting, new york news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch 47 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife 57 min ago
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon 49 min ago
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Granderson hits sac fly to lift Mets over Braves in 14 35 min ago
- Anna, Beltran key Yankees' 5-1, 12-inning win 26 min ago
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
47 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos