New York News
4 bystanders hurt in shootout inside Manhattan club
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Four people were injured when gunfire erupted at a popular nightclub in Lower Manhattan overnight Thursday.
The shooting happened just after midnight at the Sound of Brazil club on Varick Street and West Houston in the West Village and sent panicked clubgoers scrambling for the exits.
Police say it was a shootout between rival gangs, and all the injured people were innocent bystanders.
They were all on hand for a mixtape release party for rapper Fat Trel, who is based out of Washington, D.C. The violence broke out just before the rapper was set to take the stage and perform tracks from his tape.
The shooting is not linked to Fat Trel.
Sources say the dispute was between a gang from New Jersey and another from New York City.
Two people were reported struck in the leg, while the other two were grazed. None of the injuries were believed to be life threatening.
No arrests have been made.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, lower manhattan, west village, shooting, new york news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination 41 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says 17 min ago
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos