New York News
Cops: Woman run off road, fatally stabbed by ex-boyfriend in the Bronx
NEW YORK (WABC) -- One woman was killed when she was apparently run off the road and stabbed by her ex-boyfriend, the end of a violent domestic dispute in the Bronx.
Stripped of his own bloodstained clothes, 31-year-old Dionis Espinal quietly hung his head while leaving the 45th precinct.
A different man than the violent stalker, now killer police say, who's accused of murdering his former girlfriend in a jealous rage after spotting her at a motel with someone else.
Hearing about the crime shocked Espinal's relatives.
"If they had a baby together, why she be with another man if they're still together," said Brenda Rosato, the suspect's sister.
Her stepbrother allegedly chased the pair in his green outer-borough taxi, running the SUV 20-year-old Katherine German was riding in off the ramp to the New England Thruway.
It crashed landed on its side. Police say the suspect then ran to the passenger side, knife in hand, and stabbed the mother of his infant baby girl to death.
The victim's mother says after her daughter was beaten while pregnant a few months ago, she took out a protection from abuse order against the livery driver.
Workers at his dispatch center in the Bronx say they were aware of problems after he was arrested in that incident.
"He had a suspension problem with his girlfriend," said Maria Martinez, a coworker.
It's no surprise to her family he finally got to her, all the warning signs were there.
new york city, accident, bronx, new york news, nina pineda
- Islam at center of 9/11 Memorial criticism
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Boy found dead on building scaffolding in Bronx
- Yanks pitcher Pineda ejected for substance on neck
- Police search for arson suspect in Brooklyn
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Gunfire in Central Islip after drug deal goes bad
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos