New York News
Cops: Woman run off road, fatally stabbed by ex-boyfriend in the Bronx
NEW YORK (WABC) -- One woman was killed when she was apparently run off the road and stabbed by her ex-boyfriend, the end of a violent domestic dispute in the Bronx.
Stripped of his own bloodstained clothes, 31-year-old Dionis Espinal quietly hung his head while leaving the 45th precinct.
A different man than the violent stalker, now killer police say, who's accused of murdering his former girlfriend in a jealous rage after spotting her at a motel with someone else.
Hearing about the crime shocked Espinal's relatives.
"If they had a baby together, why she be with another man if they're still together," said Brenda Rosato, the suspect's sister.
Her stepbrother allegedly chased the pair in his green outer-borough taxi, running the SUV 20-year-old Katherine German was riding in off the ramp to the New England Thruway.
It crashed landed on its side. Police say the suspect then ran to the passenger side, knife in hand, and stabbed the mother of his infant baby girl to death.
The victim's mother says after her daughter was beaten while pregnant a few months ago, she took out a protection from abuse order against the livery driver.
Workers at his dispatch center in the Bronx say they were aware of problems after he was arrested in that incident.
"He had a suspension problem with his girlfriend," said Maria Martinez, a coworker.
It's no surprise to her family he finally got to her, all the warning signs were there.
new york city, accident, bronx, new york news, nina pineda
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush teen's shooting 2 min ago
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 7 min ago
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay
- Suspense builds for season finale of 'Scandal'
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry...
7 min ago