New York News
Bicyclist struck by car in Queens hit and run
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are searching for the driver who left a bicyclist in critical condition following a hit and run in Queens.
The incident happened just after 2 a.m. at the intersection of Northern Boulevard and Broadway in Woodside.
Authorities say a dark-colored car, possibly a livery cab, struck the cyclist and took off.
Investigators said the bicyclist was holding onto the roof of the car, and was thrown off when the driver turned onto 53rd Place.
The victim was taken to Elmhurt Hospital in critical condition.
The driver was likely attempting to beat a light at the time of the crash, authorities said.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
new york city, queens, woodside, hit and run accident, new york news
- Nekisia Davis' mom, Cheryl, stole a 1993 Honda Accord - and she didn't even mean to. 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold 10 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Burlington County woman charged with trying to kill her 3...
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 29 min ago
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 26 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
10 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos