New York News
Bicyclist struck by car in Queens hit and run
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are searching for the driver who left a bicyclist in critical condition following a hit and run in Queens.
The incident happened just after 2 a.m. at the intersection of Northern Boulevard and Broadway in Woodside.
Authorities say a dark-colored car, possibly a livery cab, struck the cyclist and took off.
Investigators said the bicyclist was holding onto the roof of the car, and was thrown off when the driver turned onto 53rd Place.
The victim was taken to Elmhurt Hospital in critical condition.
The driver was likely attempting to beat a light at the time of the crash, authorities said.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
new york city, queens, woodside, hit and run accident, new york news
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC 15 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies 50 min ago
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing 27 min ago
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice 19 min ago
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos