New York News
Bicyclist struck by car in Queens hit and run
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are searching for the driver who left a bicyclist in critical condition following a hit and run in Queens.
The incident happened just after 2 a.m. at the intersection of Northern Boulevard and Broadway in Woodside.
Authorities say a dark-colored car, possibly a livery cab, struck the cyclist and took off.
Investigators said the bicyclist was holding onto the roof of the car, and was thrown off when the driver turned onto 53rd Place.
The victim was taken to Elmhurt Hospital in critical condition.
The driver was likely attempting to beat a light at the time of the crash, authorities said.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
new york city, queens, woodside, hit and run accident, new york news
- Police search for arson suspect in Brooklyn 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind 49 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion 34 min ago
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 38 min ago
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 20 min ago
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center 3 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- FBI investigates hoax that sent SWAT teams to house 8 min ago
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
20 min ago
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ...
3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind
49 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos