New York News
Robber chased down, confronted at Bronx Laundromat
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 12-year-old boy in the Bronx has his cell phone back, thanks to a relative who chased down a robber.
But police are still looking for the suspect, and they're hoping surveillance video will lead to an arrest.
Authorities say the man snatched the phone from the boy on the platform of the No. 4 subway train at Jerome Avenue and East 170th Street on Sunday morning.
A 43-year-old family member ran after him and confronted the suspect in a Laundromat.
After a struggle, the suspect fled. The relative was able to retrieve the phone.
The suspect is described as a black male, 18-25 years old, standing 5-foot-7 and weighing 170 pounds.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477).
The public can also submit their tips by logging onto Crime Stoppers' website at NYPDCrimeStoppers.com or by texting their tips to CRIMES (274637), then enter TIP577.
new york city, bronx, robbery, new york news
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center 35 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way 29 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 53 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 50 min ago
- Missing jet drastically veered off course 47 min ago
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
29 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
50 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos