New York News
Hit-and-run accident in the Bronx kills man outside apartment
BRONX (WABC) -- A 49-year-old man was struck by a hit and run driver in the Fordham section of the Bronx.
Alfonzo Melendez was struck by the vehicle outside his apartment on East 184th Street, near the Grand Concourse, just before 11 p.m. Thursday night.
He was sent to Saint Barnabas Hospital in critical condition, but he was later pronounced dead Friday morning.
The vehicle that struck him did not stop. Police did not immediately have a description of the vehicle.
His family made a plea Friday night for the driver to come forward.
new york city, fordham, bronx, hit and run accident, accident, new york news
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City 44 min ago
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup 46 min ago
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow 39 min ago
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice 45 min ago
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips 4 min ago
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- No tailgating to be allowed at NY/NJ Super Bowl
- Newtown families create website to honor Sandy Hook victims 32 min ago
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
46 min ago