New York News
Hit-and-run accident in the Bronx kills man outside apartment
BRONX (WABC) -- A 49-year-old man was struck by a hit and run driver in the Fordham section of the Bronx.
Alfonzo Melendez was struck by the vehicle outside his apartment on East 184th Street, near the Grand Concourse, just before 11 p.m. Thursday night.
He was sent to Saint Barnabas Hospital in critical condition, but he was later pronounced dead Friday morning.
The vehicle that struck him did not stop. Police did not immediately have a description of the vehicle.
His family made a plea Friday night for the driver to come forward.
new york city, fordham, bronx, hit and run accident, accident, new york news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault 6 min ago
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze 6 min ago
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Hot beauty trends for spring
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
7 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex...
6 min ago
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
6 min ago