New York News
Hit-and-run accident in the Bronx kills man outside apartment
BRONX (WABC) -- A 49-year-old man was struck by a hit and run driver in the Fordham section of the Bronx.
Alfonzo Melendez was struck by the vehicle outside his apartment on East 184th Street, near the Grand Concourse, just before 11 p.m. Thursday night.
He was sent to Saint Barnabas Hospital in critical condition, but he was later pronounced dead Friday morning.
The vehicle that struck him did not stop. Police did not immediately have a description of the vehicle.
His family made a plea Friday night for the driver to come forward.
new york city, fordham, bronx, hit and run accident, accident, new york news
- 4 dead, 280 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members 2 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View" 5 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT 20 min ago
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos