New York News
Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified
QUEENS (WABC) -- A reward is being offered after a stray bullet fatally struck a teenaged girl in the head while riding on a bus in Jamaica, Queens on Saturday.
The victim has been identified as Daja Robinson, 14, of Queens.
Robinson was shot in the head just after 9:00 Saturday night while riding a Q6 bus on Sutphin Boulevard in Jamaica.
Police rushed her to the hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
So far, no one has been arrested or identified as a suspect.
There is a $2,000 reward being offered by 100 Blacks in Law Enforcement with any information leading to an arrest in this case.
Police are currently going over surveillance tape near the intersection of the shooting to try and catch the suspect.
Anyone with information about the shooting is urged to contact the Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS
Speaker Christine C. Quinn and Council Ruben Wills released a statement saying,
"Our hearts go out to the family and friends of Daja Robinson, who was killed last night while boarding a bus in Queens. That a 14-year-old girl was shot to death for no other reason than having the misfortune of being in the wrong place at the wrong time is outrage enough. But even more outrageous is knowing that the pain Daja's family feels is all too common - and that until Congress strengthens our nation's gun control laws, more families will suffer the injustice of losing a child to gun violence."
new york city, queens, shooting, new york news
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time 59 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo 58 min ago
- Success Academy parents to sue in charter school fight 20 min ago
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos