New York News
Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified
QUEENS (WABC) -- A reward is being offered after a stray bullet fatally struck a teenaged girl in the head while riding on a bus in Jamaica, Queens on Saturday.
The victim has been identified as Daja Robinson, 14, of Queens.
Robinson was shot in the head just after 9:00 Saturday night while riding a Q6 bus on Sutphin Boulevard in Jamaica.
Police rushed her to the hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
So far, no one has been arrested or identified as a suspect.
There is a $2,000 reward being offered by 100 Blacks in Law Enforcement with any information leading to an arrest in this case.
Police are currently going over surveillance tape near the intersection of the shooting to try and catch the suspect.
Anyone with information about the shooting is urged to contact the Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS
Speaker Christine C. Quinn and Council Ruben Wills released a statement saying,
"Our hearts go out to the family and friends of Daja Robinson, who was killed last night while boarding a bus in Queens. That a 14-year-old girl was shot to death for no other reason than having the misfortune of being in the wrong place at the wrong time is outrage enough. But even more outrageous is knowing that the pain Daja's family feels is all too common - and that until Congress strengthens our nation's gun control laws, more families will suffer the injustice of losing a child to gun violence."
new york city, queens, shooting, new york news
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Train derail victim's brother speaks out about her death
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- abcnews: North Korea Deports US War Vet Merrill Newman
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- 'Tips for Jesus' man leaves tips worth thousands
- Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Secret Sales: Diamonds, pretzels and iPhone cases