New York News
Man posing as utility worker wanted in 18 New York City robberies
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are searching for a man who has posed as a utility worker in at least 18 thefts across New York City.
Authorities released a surveillance photo of the man, who they say distracts homeowners before two or three other accomplices sneak into the home and take what they want.
The crime spree, which began on February 18, 2012, has included homes in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island.
All the incidents have occurred in the late morning or early afternoon.
The most recent incident happened around 3 p.m. on Monday, April 29.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477).
new york city, bronx, brooklyn, queens, staten island, robbery, new york news
- Mike Woodson out as head coach of Knicks 35 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security
- Teen survives flight riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Coney Island double stabbing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Lindsay Lohan admits miscarriage on her reality show
- Photos: Lindsay Lohan in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos