New York News
Man posing as utility worker wanted in 18 New York City robberies
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are searching for a man who has posed as a utility worker in at least 18 thefts across New York City.
Authorities released a surveillance photo of the man, who they say distracts homeowners before two or three other accomplices sneak into the home and take what they want.
The crime spree, which began on February 18, 2012, has included homes in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island.
All the incidents have occurred in the late morning or early afternoon.
The most recent incident happened around 3 p.m. on Monday, April 29.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477).
new york city, bronx, brooklyn, queens, staten island, robbery, new york news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way 58 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow alert issued for New York City 32 min ago
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- Firefighters battle Washington Heights building fire 6 min ago
- Suspect charged with assaulting cop with cane
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Staten Island buyback collects nearly 100 guns
- South Africans pray for Mandela in day of mourning
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Newtown groups open week of 'acts of kindness'
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
58 min ago