New York News
Surveillance of suspects in birthday stabbing
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A night of celebration as a man took his girlfriend out dancing for her 21st birthday turned into murder.
Stephen James was stabbed to death and police have released surveillance of three men wanted in the crime.
Debra Alli cries for her boyfriend.
The tears fall down her cheeks as she remembers the man she loved.
"Every minute we were together, always together," Alli said.
21-year-old Stephan James was stabbed in an early Sunday morning attack at the intersection of Liberty Avenue and 123rd Street.
The couple was celebrating her birthday.
They were inside a club when a dispute on the dance floor ended with Stephan James and another man getting tossed out.
Once outside, his girlfriend says James appeared to be trying to make peace with the man he got into the dispute with.
He walked up the street and when he came back he told her he'd been stabbed.
"Do you remember your last words to him?" Eyewitness News asked.
"I know you're going to pull through this and I'm going to by your side the whole time," Alli said.
Police have released surveillance video of a person of interest in the case on Tuesday, and then released the surveillance of three suspects on Wednesday.
Investigators are hoping someone will recognize them.
The victim's sister has strong words for the person who killed her brother.
"Disgusting. You did that to my brother on Mother's Day," said Sarah James, the victim's sister.
As for his girlfriend, she's devastated.
new york city, stabbing, queens, new york news, jeff pegues
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler 57 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody 34 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Animal activists protest outside Liam Neeson's home
- Another delayed GM recall detailed by new documents
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
57 min ago