New York News
Nanny pleads guilty after nanny-cam recoreded abuse
NEW YORK -- A New York City nanny has pleaded guilty to endangering the welfare of a child after a hidden nanny-cam caught her smacking a 5-month-old girl.
The Staten Island district attorney's office says 52-year-old Mamura Nasirova pleaded guilty to two misdemeanor counts on Monday. The district attorney says Nasirova will be sentenced to 10 months in jail on June 14.
Nasirova's employers installed the camera after they grew suspicious that the nanny was mistreating the 5-month-old and her 17-month-old brother.
Nasirova was arrested on Feb. 3.
Prosecutors said additional nanny-cam footage that emerged during their investigation showed Nasirova beating both children.
The district attorney's office said Nasirova is not a U.S. citizen and faces possible deportation to her native Uzbekistan.
new york city, staten island, baby, child abuse, new york news
- Fire tears through Carlstadt post office 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool 43 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire 17 min ago
- Boy found dead on building scaffolding in Bronx
- Yanks pitcher Pineda ejected for substance on neck
- Police search for arson suspect in Brooklyn
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
43 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos