New York News
Nanny pleads guilty after nanny-cam recoreded abuse
NEW YORK -- A New York City nanny has pleaded guilty to endangering the welfare of a child after a hidden nanny-cam caught her smacking a 5-month-old girl.
The Staten Island district attorney's office says 52-year-old Mamura Nasirova pleaded guilty to two misdemeanor counts on Monday. The district attorney says Nasirova will be sentenced to 10 months in jail on June 14.
Nasirova's employers installed the camera after they grew suspicious that the nanny was mistreating the 5-month-old and her 17-month-old brother.
Nasirova was arrested on Feb. 3.
Prosecutors said additional nanny-cam footage that emerged during their investigation showed Nasirova beating both children.
The district attorney's office said Nasirova is not a U.S. citizen and faces possible deportation to her native Uzbekistan.
new york city, staten island, baby, child abuse, new york news
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park