New York News
Nanny pleads guilty after nanny-cam recoreded abuse
NEW YORK -- A New York City nanny has pleaded guilty to endangering the welfare of a child after a hidden nanny-cam caught her smacking a 5-month-old girl.
The Staten Island district attorney's office says 52-year-old Mamura Nasirova pleaded guilty to two misdemeanor counts on Monday. The district attorney says Nasirova will be sentenced to 10 months in jail on June 14.
Nasirova's employers installed the camera after they grew suspicious that the nanny was mistreating the 5-month-old and her 17-month-old brother.
Nasirova was arrested on Feb. 3.
Prosecutors said additional nanny-cam footage that emerged during their investigation showed Nasirova beating both children.
The district attorney's office said Nasirova is not a U.S. citizen and faces possible deportation to her native Uzbekistan.
new york city, staten island, baby, child abuse, new york news
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way 56 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- LI hospital warns of possible blood...
21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
56 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos