New York News
Nanny pleads guilty after nanny-cam recoreded abuse
NEW YORK -- A New York City nanny has pleaded guilty to endangering the welfare of a child after a hidden nanny-cam caught her smacking a 5-month-old girl.
The Staten Island district attorney's office says 52-year-old Mamura Nasirova pleaded guilty to two misdemeanor counts on Monday. The district attorney says Nasirova will be sentenced to 10 months in jail on June 14.
Nasirova's employers installed the camera after they grew suspicious that the nanny was mistreating the 5-month-old and her 17-month-old brother.
Nasirova was arrested on Feb. 3.
Prosecutors said additional nanny-cam footage that emerged during their investigation showed Nasirova beating both children.
The district attorney's office said Nasirova is not a U.S. citizen and faces possible deportation to her native Uzbekistan.
new york city, staten island, baby, child abuse, new york news
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- No tailgating to be allowed at NY/NJ Super Bowl
- Newtown families create website to honor Sandy Hook victims
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide 57 min ago