New York News
Third assault on gay man in Manhattan
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There have been a series of attacks against gay men in Manhattan. There have been three of them in a week.
The latest victim Eyewitness News learned about was coming out of "Pieces", a bar on Christopher Street on May 8th.
He was hailing a cab when he was assaulted by two men who were yelling gay slurs.
He was not seriously hurt.
But Nick Porto wasn't quite so lucky.
Porto and his partner Kevin Atkins were attacked outside Madison Square Garden.
Police are looking for eight men in that attack.
And on Friday morning, two gay men were attacked as they were going into "Space Billiards Hall" on W. 32nd Street.
Asllan Berisha and Brian Ramirez were charged with a hate crime in that assault, but again police are looking for more men who might have acted with them.
The three incidents have left the gay community wondering what happened to the progress it seemed like they were making recently.
Police say the attacks do not appear to be related.
new york city, greenwich village, assault, new york news, jim dolan
- Gunman dead in shooting at Colorado high school 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Winter storm Saturday 18 min ago
- 7 On Your Side gets back $1-million dollars in 2013
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- New York City issues snow alert 12 min ago
- Man in custody after incident at Chelsea school 10 min ago
- Baruch College student died from head injuries, coroner says
- Police searching for missing Rider U student
- Newtown victims to be remembered Saturday
- Photos: Photos of the Newtown school shooting victims
- Kansas man arrested in car bomb plot at airport 4 min ago
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email 4 min ago
- Mega Millions rises to $425M for Friday drawing
- Secret Sales: Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans and Photo Books
- AccuWeather: Winter storm Saturday
18 min ago