New York News
Deadly BQE accident causes backups at Williamsburg Bridge
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A woman from Connecticut was charged with drunk driving and homicide after a deadly crash on the Williamsburg Bridge.
Police say 23-year-old Ayisha Dodson was speeding as she was heading out of Manhattan around 4 a.m.
Dodson lost control on the bridge as she reached Brooklyn. One of her passengers, 21-year-old Janice Brown was killed after she was thrown from the backseat.
The other four passengers were not seriously injured.
The crash closed the westbound BQE ramp to the westbound Williamsburg Bridge, causing huge delays for the morning commute.
Commercial traffic was forced to use the Manhattan Bridge.
new york city, queens, brooklyn, williamsburg, accident, new york news
- Islam at center of 9/11 Memorial criticism
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Boy found dead on building scaffolding in Bronx
- Yanks pitcher Pineda ejected for substance on neck
- Police search for arson suspect in Brooklyn
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Gunfire in Central Islip after drug deal goes bad
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos