New York News
Deadly BQE accident causes backups at Williamsburg Bridge
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A woman from Connecticut was charged with drunk driving and homicide after a deadly crash on the Williamsburg Bridge.
Police say 23-year-old Ayisha Dodson was speeding as she was heading out of Manhattan around 4 a.m.
Dodson lost control on the bridge as she reached Brooklyn. One of her passengers, 21-year-old Janice Brown was killed after she was thrown from the backseat.
The other four passengers were not seriously injured.
The crash closed the westbound BQE ramp to the westbound Williamsburg Bridge, causing huge delays for the morning commute.
Commercial traffic was forced to use the Manhattan Bridge.
new york city, queens, brooklyn, williamsburg, accident, new york news
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen