New York News
Deadly BQE accident causes backups at Williamsburg Bridge
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A woman from Connecticut was charged with drunk driving and homicide after a deadly crash on the Williamsburg Bridge.
Police say 23-year-old Ayisha Dodson was speeding as she was heading out of Manhattan around 4 a.m.
Dodson lost control on the bridge as she reached Brooklyn. One of her passengers, 21-year-old Janice Brown was killed after she was thrown from the backseat.
The other four passengers were not seriously injured.
The crash closed the westbound BQE ramp to the westbound Williamsburg Bridge, causing huge delays for the morning commute.
Commercial traffic was forced to use the Manhattan Bridge.
new york city, queens, brooklyn, williamsburg, accident, new york news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death 13 min ago
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- Charges expected in fraternity death
13 min ago