New York News
Deadly BQE accident causes backups at Williamsburg Bridge
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A woman from Connecticut was charged with drunk driving and homicide after a deadly crash on the Williamsburg Bridge.
Police say 23-year-old Ayisha Dodson was speeding as she was heading out of Manhattan around 4 a.m.
Dodson lost control on the bridge as she reached Brooklyn. One of her passengers, 21-year-old Janice Brown was killed after she was thrown from the backseat.
The other four passengers were not seriously injured.
The crash closed the westbound BQE ramp to the westbound Williamsburg Bridge, causing huge delays for the morning commute.
Commercial traffic was forced to use the Manhattan Bridge.
new york city, queens, brooklyn, williamsburg, accident, new york news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ