New York News
Sketch released of man who groped 9-year-old girl in East Village
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are searching for a man who allegedly groped a young girl in the East Village, and they're hoping a sketch will lead to an arrest.
The incident happened last Sunday just before 5 p.m.
Authorities say the suspect approached the 9-year-old victim from behind, touched the girl and then ran away.
The suspect is described as a white male in his 30s or 40s, approximately 240 pounds, with black hair with some gray.
He was wearing a blue long-sleeve shirt, dark jeans and glasses (white metal wired).
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call Crime stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
new york city, east village, sexual assault, new york news
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela 27 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend 47 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City 27 min ago
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later 25 min ago
- Metro-North derailment victim Jim Lovell to be laid to rest
- L train signal problems in Brooklyn
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
47 min ago