New York News
Sketch released of man who groped 9-year-old girl in East Village
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are searching for a man who allegedly groped a young girl in the East Village, and they're hoping a sketch will lead to an arrest.
The incident happened last Sunday just before 5 p.m.
Authorities say the suspect approached the 9-year-old victim from behind, touched the girl and then ran away.
The suspect is described as a white male in his 30s or 40s, approximately 240 pounds, with black hair with some gray.
He was wearing a blue long-sleeve shirt, dark jeans and glasses (white metal wired).
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call Crime stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
new york city, east village, sexual assault, new york news
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster