New York News
Sketch released of man who groped 9-year-old girl in East Village
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are searching for a man who allegedly groped a young girl in the East Village, and they're hoping a sketch will lead to an arrest.
The incident happened last Sunday just before 5 p.m.
Authorities say the suspect approached the 9-year-old victim from behind, touched the girl and then ran away.
The suspect is described as a white male in his 30s or 40s, approximately 240 pounds, with black hair with some gray.
He was wearing a blue long-sleeve shirt, dark jeans and glasses (white metal wired).
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call Crime stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
new york city, east village, sexual assault, new york news
- Police search for arson suspect in Brooklyn 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind 50 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion 35 min ago
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 39 min ago
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 21 min ago
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center 4 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- FBI investigates hoax that sent SWAT teams to house 9 min ago
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
21 min ago
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ...
4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind
50 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos