New York News
Sketch released of man who groped 9-year-old girl in East Village
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are searching for a man who allegedly groped a young girl in the East Village, and they're hoping a sketch will lead to an arrest.
The incident happened last Sunday just before 5 p.m.
Authorities say the suspect approached the 9-year-old victim from behind, touched the girl and then ran away.
The suspect is described as a white male in his 30s or 40s, approximately 240 pounds, with black hair with some gray.
He was wearing a blue long-sleeve shirt, dark jeans and glasses (white metal wired).
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call Crime stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
new york city, east village, sexual assault, new york news
- Missing11-year-old Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store 12 min ago
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video 55 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Missing11-year-old Brooklyn boy found safe...
24 min ago