New York News
Suspicious package cleared at JFK after evacuation
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A tube of toothpaste caused a scare at JFK airport Sunday evening.
Officials evacuated Terminal 4, Concourse B around 4 p.m. after screeners spotted a suspicious item in a bag.
Just before 5:30 p.m. the suspicious package was cleared, and was identified as tape and a toothpaste tube.
Travelers were then let back into the terminal.
new york city, jfk international airport, evacuation, new york news
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- Heroin antidote Narcan saves 6 in Ocean County
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- Harlem robber caught on camera using ATM
- Baby monitors batteries recalled over burn hazard
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in NYC
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos