New York News
Brooklyn apartment fire leaves 3 injured
Sunday, April 21, 2013
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Three people are hospitalized with minor injuries after fire broke out at an apartment in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
It happened just after 1 a.m. Sunday at a 7-story residential building at 869 Flushing Avenue. The fire was confined to a single apartment on the seventh floor. One person jumped from the apartment, and was taken to Elmhurst Hospital with non life-threatening injuries. Two others were transported to Woodhull Hospital with minor injuries. The fire was under control within 45 minutes. The cause of the blaze is under investigation.
(Copyright ©2013 WABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
new york city, brooklyn, fire, williamsburg, new york news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death 58 min ago
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted 6 min ago
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar 40 min ago
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving 48 min ago
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral 22 min ago
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Charges expected in fraternity death
58 min ago
Eyewitness News Links