New York News
Brooklyn apartment fire leaves 3 injured
Sunday, April 21, 2013
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Three people are hospitalized with minor injuries after fire broke out at an apartment in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
It happened just after 1 a.m. Sunday at a 7-story residential building at 869 Flushing Avenue. The fire was confined to a single apartment on the seventh floor. One person jumped from the apartment, and was taken to Elmhurst Hospital with non life-threatening injuries. Two others were transported to Woodhull Hospital with minor injuries. The fire was under control within 45 minutes. The cause of the blaze is under investigation.
(Copyright ©2014 WABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
new york city, brooklyn, fire, williamsburg, new york news
- At least 2 dead, 18 hurt in East Harlem explosion 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 5 min ago
- Metro-North service changes due to East Harlem explosion 54 min ago
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 58 min ago
- Photos: Incredible images from Colorado car chase 58 min ago
Eyewitness News Links