New York News
Teen arrested in hoax device outside Bay Ridge home
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 14-year-old boy is under arrest, charged with leaving a propane tank rigged to look like a bomb outside a home in Brooklyn.
The boy was caught just hours after police released surveillance video showing him strolling away from the home in Bay Ridge. The incident happened just after midnight Wednesday along 68th Street.
Authorities have not released his name because he is a juvenile.
The suspect allegedly rang the doorbell of the home, dropped the device and ran.
The bomb squad determined it was a hoax.
new york city, bay ridge, brooklyn, new york news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week 59 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted 30 min ago
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate 43 min ago
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong 40 min ago
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Rangers top Red Wings 3-0 in Lundqvist's 300th win
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
59 min ago