New York News
Teen arrested in hoax device outside Bay Ridge home
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 14-year-old boy is under arrest, charged with leaving a propane tank rigged to look like a bomb outside a home in Brooklyn.
The boy was caught just hours after police released surveillance video showing him strolling away from the home in Bay Ridge. The incident happened just after midnight Wednesday along 68th Street.
Authorities have not released his name because he is a juvenile.
The suspect allegedly rang the doorbell of the home, dropped the device and ran.
The bomb squad determined it was a hoax.
new york city, bay ridge, brooklyn, new york news
- At least 2 dead, 28 hurt in East Harlem explosion 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Metro-North service changes due to East Harlem explosion 44 min ago
- Video: Emergency personnel investigating East... 34 min ago
- Video: How will the East Harlem explosion affect... 44 min ago
- Video: Building explosion rattles East Harlem 49 min ago
- Video: De Blasio: Gas leak complaint came in 15... 50 min ago
- Video: Residents near East Harlem explosion... 50 min ago
- Video: Woman hears East Harlem Explosion, thought...
- raw video: Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination