New York News
Teen arrested in hoax device outside Bay Ridge home
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 14-year-old boy is under arrest, charged with leaving a propane tank rigged to look like a bomb outside a home in Brooklyn.
The boy was caught just hours after police released surveillance video showing him strolling away from the home in Bay Ridge. The incident happened just after midnight Wednesday along 68th Street.
Authorities have not released his name because he is a juvenile.
The suspect allegedly rang the doorbell of the home, dropped the device and ran.
The bomb squad determined it was a hoax.
new york city, bay ridge, brooklyn, new york news
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen 48 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect identified in attempted baby abduction
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured
- Sea Isle fire destroys 3 beachfront homes 57 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault 3 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Yonkers family outraged after dog mauled by pit bull 52 min ago
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
48 min ago