New York News
Girl falls out 4th floor window in Queens
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 12-year-old girl is recovering after falling out of a 4th story window in the Jackson Heights section of Queens Wednesday.
No one answered the door just hours after Kaylan Watson fell from the 4th floor window of the apartment and into a dirt patch in the courtyard.
Neighbors presume her family by her side at Elmhurst Hospital where she was listed in serious but stable condition Wednesday night.
Eyewitness News asked a woman if she saw blood or other injuries as the child was rushed out of the building.
She replied in Spanish that she didn't see any and that the girl was conscious and talking as she was hurried into an ambulance on 73rd Street near Roosevelt Avenue.
Esteban Ospina lives next door to the girl's family.
He says they're quiet and keep to themselves.
"I'm so sorry for the family, I hope she feels better soon," Ospina said.
new york city, new york news, carolina leid
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center 10 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin 11 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Suspect in Myls Dobson murder due in court
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Photos: A look back at the 1964 World's Fair
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
25 min ago
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ...
10 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos