New York News
Girl falls out 4th floor window in Queens
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 12-year-old girl is recovering after falling out of a 4th story window in the Jackson Heights section of Queens Wednesday.
No one answered the door just hours after Kaylan Watson fell from the 4th floor window of the apartment and into a dirt patch in the courtyard.
Neighbors presume her family by her side at Elmhurst Hospital where she was listed in serious but stable condition Wednesday night.
Eyewitness News asked a woman if she saw blood or other injuries as the child was rushed out of the building.
She replied in Spanish that she didn't see any and that the girl was conscious and talking as she was hurried into an ambulance on 73rd Street near Roosevelt Avenue.
Esteban Ospina lives next door to the girl's family.
He says they're quiet and keep to themselves.
"I'm so sorry for the family, I hope she feels better soon," Ospina said.
new york city, new york news, carolina leid
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security
- Teen survives flight riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet 46 min ago
- Paterson fire guts 3 buildings, displaces families
- 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners recalled
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Lindsay Lohan admits miscarriage on her reality show 37 min ago
- Photos: Lindsay Lohan in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos