New York News
Girl falls out 4th floor window in Queens
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 12-year-old girl is recovering after falling out of a 4th story window in the Jackson Heights section of Queens Wednesday.
No one answered the door just hours after Kaylan Watson fell from the 4th floor window of the apartment and into a dirt patch in the courtyard.
Neighbors presume her family by her side at Elmhurst Hospital where she was listed in serious but stable condition Wednesday night.
Eyewitness News asked a woman if she saw blood or other injuries as the child was rushed out of the building.
She replied in Spanish that she didn't see any and that the girl was conscious and talking as she was hurried into an ambulance on 73rd Street near Roosevelt Avenue.
Esteban Ospina lives next door to the girl's family.
He says they're quiet and keep to themselves.
"I'm so sorry for the family, I hope she feels better soon," Ospina said.
new york city, new york news, carolina leid
- Bratton joins Sharpton at rally in Harlem
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Funeral for one of victims of Metro-North derailment 34 min ago
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Wintry blast moves through much of country, heads East
- Secret Sales: Diamonds, pretzels and iPhone cases
- abcnews: North Korea Deports US War Vet Merrill Newman