New York News
Queens woman charged with murder in boyfriend's death
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Queens woman is under arrest, accused of fatally running down boyfriend after a jealousy-fueled chase.
District Attorney Richard Brown says 21-year-old Dunasha Payne is facing murder charges in the death of 26-year-old Kaman Drummond.
According the criminal charges, Drummond was fleeing on foot from Payne, who was chasing after him in her 1994 Honda Accord just before midnight Monday.
It is alleged that she pursued him for numerous blocks before eventually striking and pinning him against a brick pillar, thereby causing his death.
The circumstances of the chase have not been released, but sources say it was the result of some sort of domestic dispute regarding Drummond's actions.
"This is a tragic story with no winners," Brown said. "A young man with his whole life ahead of him has been mowed down in the streets, allegedly by his girlfriend. The defendant, who allegedly chased him through the streets of Queens with her vehicle now, if convicted, could spend the better part of her young life in prison."
Payne is charged with second-degree murder and fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon. She faces 25 years to life in prison if convicted.
She is being held on $250,000 bail and is due back in court on April 19.
new york city, queens, pedestrian struck, accident, new york news
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind 15 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 4 min ago
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin 26 min ago
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- FBI investigates hoax that sent SWAT teams to house 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind
15 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos