New York News
Cab driver's death while in custody ruled homicide
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The Medical Examiner has ruled the death of a cab driver who died while in the custody of TLC officers a homicide, but it has not been ruled a crime.
Officers detained 61-year-old Luiz Machado Thursday night at Kennedy Airport.
They were arresting him for attempting to pick up illegal fares.
He went into cardiac arrest while in custody and could not be revived.
The Queens district attorney will decide whether to charge any of the TLC agents involved in the arrest.
new york city, jfk international airport, taxi, new york news
- NJ forest fires force hundreds out of homes 46 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool 27 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Brush fire in Beachwood, New Jersey
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
- Man brutalizes women with hammer in Astoria apartment 32 min ago
- Justin Bieber being held at LAX
- NYU investigating pro-Palestine 'eviction' fliers 45 min ago
- 9-year-old dies in fall from Bronx high-rise
- Suspect charged with throwing Molotov Cocktail into deli
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
27 min ago