New York News
Cab driver's death while in custody ruled homicide
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The Medical Examiner has ruled the death of a cab driver who died while in the custody of TLC officers a homicide, but it has not been ruled a crime.
Officers detained 61-year-old Luiz Machado Thursday night at Kennedy Airport.
They were arresting him for attempting to pick up illegal fares.
He went into cardiac arrest while in custody and could not be revived.
The Queens district attorney will decide whether to charge any of the TLC agents involved in the arrest.
new york city, jfk international airport, taxi, new york news
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Train derail victim's brother speaks out about her death
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- abcnews: North Korea Deports US War Vet Merrill Newman
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- 'Tips for Jesus' man leaves tips worth thousands
- Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Secret Sales: Diamonds, pretzels and iPhone cases