New York News
Cab driver's death while in custody ruled homicide
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The Medical Examiner has ruled the death of a cab driver who died while in the custody of TLC officers a homicide, but it has not been ruled a crime.
Officers detained 61-year-old Luiz Machado Thursday night at Kennedy Airport.
They were arresting him for attempting to pick up illegal fares.
He went into cardiac arrest while in custody and could not be revived.
The Queens district attorney will decide whether to charge any of the TLC agents involved in the arrest.
new york city, jfk international airport, taxi, new york news
- At least 2 dead, 55 hurt in East Harlem explosion 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 17 min ago
- Limited Metro-North service restored after East Harlem explosion 12 min ago
- Video: Emergency personnel investigating East...
- Video: How will the East Harlem explosion affect...
- Video: Building explosion rattles East Harlem
- Video: De Blasio: Gas leak complaint came in 15...
- Video: Residents near East Harlem explosion...
- Video: Woman hears East Harlem Explosion, thought...
- raw video: Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape 15 min ago