New York News
Cab driver's death while in custody ruled homicide
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The Medical Examiner has ruled the death of a cab driver who died while in the custody of TLC officers a homicide, but it has not been ruled a crime.
Officers detained 61-year-old Luiz Machado Thursday night at Kennedy Airport.
They were arresting him for attempting to pick up illegal fares.
He went into cardiac arrest while in custody and could not be revived.
The Queens district attorney will decide whether to charge any of the TLC agents involved in the arrest.
new york city, jfk international airport, taxi, new york news
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos