New York News
Girl found dead in Columbia University dorm room
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are investigating the possible overdose death of a woman found inside a Columbia University dorm in Manhattan.
Authorities say 21-year-old Jessica Fingers was found unconscious and unresponsive face up on the floor of the dorm on Morningside Drive just after 11:30 a.m. Sunday.
School officials say Fingers had taken a leave of absence from the school and was there visiting a friend.
The medical examiner is to determine the cause of death.
Police do not suspect foul play.
new york city, body found, new york news
- JFK baggage handlers charged with theft 48 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze being laid to rest
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Orange County school evacuated after ceiling collapse
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos