New York News
Girl found dead in Columbia University dorm room
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are investigating the possible overdose death of a woman found inside a Columbia University dorm in Manhattan.
Authorities say 21-year-old Jessica Fingers was found unconscious and unresponsive face up on the floor of the dorm on Morningside Drive just after 11:30 a.m. Sunday.
School officials say Fingers had taken a leave of absence from the school and was there visiting a friend.
The medical examiner is to determine the cause of death.
Police do not suspect foul play.
new york city, body found, new york news
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's in Nassau County 10 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers 3 min ago
- Freight train, truck collide in West Nyack 19 min ago
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- Photos: Long Island Rail Road massacre
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Robinson Cano to sign with Mariners
- USA to open against Ghana in '14 World Cup