New York News
2 pedestrians dead in Bronx hit and run
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Two men were struck and killed in the Mott Haven section of the Bronx by a car whose driver fled the scene early Monday.
The pedestrians were hit while crossing Bruckner Boulevard at East 138th Street at around 4:30 a.m.
The victims, one a 20-year-old man from Harlem, were pronounced dead at the scene. The second victim has not been identified.
Witnesses say they saw the two men stumbling in the street shortly before they were hit.
The vehicle that struck the victims left the scene.
There were no immediate witnesses to the crash, and police did not have a description of the vehicle.
Some who live in the area reported that the men may have lived underneath the bridge in a makeshift camp.
The investigation is ongoing.
new york city, mott haven, bronx, hit and run accident, pedestrian struck, new york news
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 26 min ago
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Dead cats found in bags hanging from tree in Yonkers 39 min ago
- 14.5 pound baby born in Boston
- 2 injured in elevator accident in Manhattan building 32 min ago
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos