New York News
2 pedestrians dead in Bronx hit and run
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Two men were struck and killed in the Mott Haven section of the Bronx by a car whose driver fled the scene early Monday.
The pedestrians were hit while crossing Bruckner Boulevard at East 138th Street at around 4:30 a.m.
The victims, one a 20-year-old man from Harlem, were pronounced dead at the scene. The second victim has not been identified.
Witnesses say they saw the two men stumbling in the street shortly before they were hit.
The vehicle that struck the victims left the scene.
There were no immediate witnesses to the crash, and police did not have a description of the vehicle.
Some who live in the area reported that the men may have lived underneath the bridge in a makeshift camp.
The investigation is ongoing.
new york city, mott haven, bronx, hit and run accident, pedestrian struck, new york news
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter
- NYC rape-murder cannibal conspiracy trial headed to jury 35 min ago
- Brothers plead guilty in Orthodox Jewish divorce scandal
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys 12 min ago
- Elderly jaywalker roughed up during arrest due in court 22 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building 45 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos