New York News
4 arrested in alleged debit card scheme
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police have caught four people they say stole more than $300,000 in a fake debit card scheme.
Two of the men were caught at separate Manhattan banks, withdrawing money from flagged accounts on Thursday.
Two others were arrested in a hotel, where officers recovered cash and money orders as well as hundreds of fake cards and a magnetic strip encoding device.
They've all been charged with grand larceny.
Police say they stole cash and money orders from Chase Bank accounts using the fraudulent cards and personal identification information.
new york city, bank robbery, fraud, arrest, new york news
- Oil slicks spotted in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92 53 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Oil slicks spotted in hunt for missing...
29 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos