New York News
Police shoot suspect who stabbed another man
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police shot and killed a suspect who had just stabbed another man in Brooklyn.
It happened at 541 Court Street in Carroll Gardens around 8 p.m. on Friday.
When police arrived at the scene they found a man stabbed in the shoulder.
The victim pointed out the suspect to police outside.
As police tried to approach the suspect, they say he lunged at the officers with a knife.
Officers shot the suspect in the torso. He was taken to taken to Lutheran Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
A knife was recovered at the scene.
The stabbing victim was also taken to Lutheran where he is being treated for a wound to his shoulder.
Sources say a witness told police they saw the suspect lunge at the police and heard officers say, "Drop it, drop it."
The officers were in uniform and in a marked police cruiser.
new york city, brooklyn, police shooting, shooting, stabbing, new york news
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Death toll rises to 13 in Mount Everest...
52 min ago