New York News
Police shoot suspect who stabbed another man
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police shot and killed a suspect who had just stabbed another man in Brooklyn.
It happened at 541 Court Street in Carroll Gardens around 8 p.m. on Friday.
When police arrived at the scene they found a man stabbed in the shoulder.
The victim pointed out the suspect to police outside.
As police tried to approach the suspect, they say he lunged at the officers with a knife.
Officers shot the suspect in the torso. He was taken to taken to Lutheran Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
A knife was recovered at the scene.
The stabbing victim was also taken to Lutheran where he is being treated for a wound to his shoulder.
Sources say a witness told police they saw the suspect lunge at the police and heard officers say, "Drop it, drop it."
The officers were in uniform and in a marked police cruiser.
new york city, brooklyn, police shooting, shooting, stabbing, new york news
- Gunman dead in shooting at Colorado high school 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Winter storm Saturday 9 min ago
- 7 On Your Side gets back $1-million dollars in 2013
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- New York City issues snow alert 59 min ago
- Man in custody after incident at Chelsea school 46 min ago
- Baruch College student died from head injuries, coroner says
- Police searching for missing Rider U student
- Newtown victims to be remembered Saturday
- Photos: Photos of the Newtown school shooting victims
- Kansas man arrested in car bomb plot at airport 51 min ago
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email 51 min ago
- Mega Millions rises to $425M for Friday drawing
- Secret Sales: Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans and Photo Books
- AccuWeather: Winter storm Saturday
9 min ago