New York News
Suspect arrested in Coney Island apartment shooting
CONEY ISLAND (WABC) -- Police have arrested a man in connection with the shooting of four people, one fatally, inside a Coney Island, Brooklyn apartment.
NYPD Detectives from the 60th Precinct and members of the Violent Fugitive Task Force arrested 29 year-old Joseph Brown at 6 a.m. Saturday.
Police say he was apprehended at an apartment close to the shooting scene.
The shooting happened Friday inside apartment 5B at 2703 West 33 Street in Coney Island around 3:30 p.m.
A man was shot in the head and pronounced dead at the scene.
A 24-year-old man was shot in the head and is listed in critical condition. A 40-year-old man suffered a graze wound to the head and was treated on the scene.
A 62-year-old grandmother was shot in the stomach and taken to Lutheran Hospital where she is in critical condition.
A preliminary investigation determined that Brown entered the apartment and shot the victims.
The suspect's motive is under investigation.
new york city, brooklyn, coney island, shooting, new york news
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos