New York News
Suspect arrested in Coney Island apartment shooting
CONEY ISLAND (WABC) -- Police have arrested a man in connection with the shooting of four people, one fatally, inside a Coney Island, Brooklyn apartment.
NYPD Detectives from the 60th Precinct and members of the Violent Fugitive Task Force arrested 29 year-old Joseph Brown at 6 a.m. Saturday.
Police say he was apprehended at an apartment close to the shooting scene.
The shooting happened Friday inside apartment 5B at 2703 West 33 Street in Coney Island around 3:30 p.m.
A man was shot in the head and pronounced dead at the scene.
A 24-year-old man was shot in the head and is listed in critical condition. A 40-year-old man suffered a graze wound to the head and was treated on the scene.
A 62-year-old grandmother was shot in the stomach and taken to Lutheran Hospital where she is in critical condition.
A preliminary investigation determined that Brown entered the apartment and shot the victims.
The suspect's motive is under investigation.
new york city, brooklyn, coney island, shooting, new york news
- Fire tears through Carlstadt post office 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool 38 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire 12 min ago
- Boy found dead on building scaffolding in Bronx
- Yanks pitcher Pineda ejected for substance on neck
- Police search for arson suspect in Brooklyn
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
38 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos