New York News
Suspect arrested in Coney Island apartment shooting
CONEY ISLAND (WABC) -- Police have arrested a man in connection with the shooting of four people, one fatally, inside a Coney Island, Brooklyn apartment.
NYPD Detectives from the 60th Precinct and members of the Violent Fugitive Task Force arrested 29 year-old Joseph Brown at 6 a.m. Saturday.
Police say he was apprehended at an apartment close to the shooting scene.
The shooting happened Friday inside apartment 5B at 2703 West 33 Street in Coney Island around 3:30 p.m.
A man was shot in the head and pronounced dead at the scene.
A 24-year-old man was shot in the head and is listed in critical condition. A 40-year-old man suffered a graze wound to the head and was treated on the scene.
A 62-year-old grandmother was shot in the stomach and taken to Lutheran Hospital where she is in critical condition.
A preliminary investigation determined that Brown entered the apartment and shot the victims.
The suspect's motive is under investigation.
new york city, brooklyn, coney island, shooting, new york news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- MTA announces new safety measures after Metro-North derailment
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos