New York News
Partial building collapse in Canarsie, 2 injured
CANARSIE (WABC) -- Rescuers pulled one person from a partial building collapse in the Canarsie section of Brooklyn on Friday.
The collapse happened at a three-story, two family home under construction on East 95th Street and Foster Avenue in Canarsie.
The accident happened around 3:15 p.m.
One construction worker was rescued and is in serious but stable condition. Another worker suffered minor injuries.
It appears cement blocks shifted and collapsed the wooden structure, officials said.
new york city, brooklyn, canarsie, collapse, new york news
- Firefighters struggle to contain NJ forest fires 32 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Brush fire in Beachwood, New Jersey
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
- Man brutalizes women with hammer in Astoria apartment
- Justin Bieber being held at LAX
- NYU investigating pro-Palestine 'eviction' fliers
- 9-year-old dies in fall from Bronx high-rise
- Suspect charged with throwing Molotov Cocktail into deli
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green