New York News
Pregnant guard accused of sex with cop killer gives birth
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Nancy Gonzalez, charged with having a sexual relationship with a federal inmate convicted of killing two NYPD undercover detectives, has given birth to a baby boy.
Justus Liam Gonzalez was born Thursday night at 7 pounds, 4 ounces.
The 29 year-old Gonzalez missed a court appearance Thursday because she was in labor.
The father of the child is believed to be Ronell Wilson, convicted of killing undercover detectives James Nemorin and Rodney Andrews in 2003. Wilson could face the death penalty.
Gonzalez is expected to eventually plead guilty to engaging in sexual relations with an inmate.
Prosecutors said in court that a plea agreement has been provided to her. If she agrees to the plea, she would likely avoid having to testify at Wilson's upcoming resentencing, where Wilson could face death.
She faces 15 years in prison.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, police officer killed, new york news, n.j. burkett
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park