New York News
Pregnant guard accused of sex with cop killer gives birth
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Nancy Gonzalez, charged with having a sexual relationship with a federal inmate convicted of killing two NYPD undercover detectives, has given birth to a baby boy.
Justus Liam Gonzalez was born Thursday night at 7 pounds, 4 ounces.
The 29 year-old Gonzalez missed a court appearance Thursday because she was in labor.
The father of the child is believed to be Ronell Wilson, convicted of killing undercover detectives James Nemorin and Rodney Andrews in 2003. Wilson could face the death penalty.
Gonzalez is expected to eventually plead guilty to engaging in sexual relations with an inmate.
Prosecutors said in court that a plea agreement has been provided to her. If she agrees to the plea, she would likely avoid having to testify at Wilson's upcoming resentencing, where Wilson could face death.
She faces 15 years in prison.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, police officer killed, new york news, n.j. burkett
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler 21 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at N.J. shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- Metro-North to require sleep apnea evaluation
- One dead, another rescued in Long Island fire
- Not so fast! Palcohol not approved by federal government
- Passengers step up to help elderly man in bus brawl
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- Brooklyn hit and run suspect identified by police
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
21 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos