New York News
Pregnant guard accused of sex with cop killer gives birth
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Nancy Gonzalez, charged with having a sexual relationship with a federal inmate convicted of killing two NYPD undercover detectives, has given birth to a baby boy.
Justus Liam Gonzalez was born Thursday night at 7 pounds, 4 ounces.
The 29 year-old Gonzalez missed a court appearance Thursday because she was in labor.
The father of the child is believed to be Ronell Wilson, convicted of killing undercover detectives James Nemorin and Rodney Andrews in 2003. Wilson could face the death penalty.
Gonzalez is expected to eventually plead guilty to engaging in sexual relations with an inmate.
Prosecutors said in court that a plea agreement has been provided to her. If she agrees to the plea, she would likely avoid having to testify at Wilson's upcoming resentencing, where Wilson could face death.
She faces 15 years in prison.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, police officer killed, new york news, n.j. burkett
- Malaysia Airlines says plane went missing 30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos