New York News
Man critical after stabbing at Upper West Side nightclub
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A man is fighting for his life after he was stabbed inside a club on the Upper West Side early Friday.
Police say the 33-year-old man, from the Bronx, was stabbed inside Columbus 72 on Columbus Avenue and West 72nd Street just before 3 a.m.
Patrons said they heard a popping noise, and then people started scattering. At that point, no one was quite sure what happened.
The victim was rushed to St. Luke's Hospital in critical condition, possibly with a gash to a major artery in his neck caused by a broken bottle.
The stabbing followed a reported dispute inside the club near the DJ booth.
Investigators were searching the scene for evidence and were reviewing surveillance video.
No arrests have been made, and the motive for the stabbing remains unclear.
The club had been hosting a Thursday night event. Residents say the club is frequently noisy on the weekends.
new york city, upper west side, stabbing, new york news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler 30 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at N.J. shopping center 4 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- Metro-North to require sleep apnea evaluation
- One dead, another rescued in Long Island fire
- Not so fast! Palcohol not approved by federal government
- Passengers step up to help elderly man in bus brawl
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- Brooklyn hit and run suspect identified by police
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
30 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos