New York News
Man critical after stabbing at Upper West Side nightclub
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A man is fighting for his life after he was stabbed inside a club on the Upper West Side early Friday.
Police say the 33-year-old man, from the Bronx, was stabbed inside Columbus 72 on Columbus Avenue and West 72nd Street just before 3 a.m.
Patrons said they heard a popping noise, and then people started scattering. At that point, no one was quite sure what happened.
The victim was rushed to St. Luke's Hospital in critical condition, possibly with a gash to a major artery in his neck caused by a broken bottle.
The stabbing followed a reported dispute inside the club near the DJ booth.
Investigators were searching the scene for evidence and were reviewing surveillance video.
No arrests have been made, and the motive for the stabbing remains unclear.
The club had been hosting a Thursday night event. Residents say the club is frequently noisy on the weekends.
new york city, upper west side, stabbing, new york news
- Vietnam detects signals from Malaysia Airlines plane 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos