New York News
Man critical after stabbing at Upper West Side nightclub
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A man is fighting for his life after he was stabbed inside a club on the Upper West Side early Friday.
Police say the 33-year-old man, from the Bronx, was stabbed inside Columbus 72 on Columbus Avenue and West 72nd Street just before 3 a.m.
Patrons said they heard a popping noise, and then people started scattering. At that point, no one was quite sure what happened.
The victim was rushed to St. Luke's Hospital in critical condition, possibly with a gash to a major artery in his neck caused by a broken bottle.
The stabbing followed a reported dispute inside the club near the DJ booth.
Investigators were searching the scene for evidence and were reviewing surveillance video.
No arrests have been made, and the motive for the stabbing remains unclear.
The club had been hosting a Thursday night event. Residents say the club is frequently noisy on the weekends.
new york city, upper west side, stabbing, new york news
- Teen clerk beaten in deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos