New York News
Pit Bulls attack people in Queens
ST. ALBANS (WABC) -- Police are investigating a dog attack that left a couple of people injured in the St. Albans section of Queens.
Authorities said two pit bulls attacked the people in separate locations.
The dogs attacked two of the victims at 193rd Street and 117th Road just before 2:00 p.m. One of them was taken to Queens General Hospital for treatment.
Another was attacked at Farmers Boulevard and 115th Avenue. That person was taken to Jamaica Hospital for treatment.
Police captured the dogs and brought them to the Animal Care and Control shelter in East New York.
As per NYC Public Health code, they will be held for a minimum of 10 days for rabies observation.
What happens after that is up to the Health Department.
It's not clear who owns the dogs or where they came from.
new york city, st. albans, queens, dog, dog attack, new york news
- Snowstorm moves into New York area 26 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- New Jersey getting hit with another dose of snow
- Snow falling on Long Island 53 min ago
- Snow coming down in New York City 46 min ago
- Off-duty officer killed in Queens after crashing into storefront
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela at memorial
- Photos: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro
- Justin Bieber visits Philippine typhoon victims 35 min ago
- WestJet plays Santa to 250 lucky passengers 47 min ago
- Snow coming down in New York City
46 min ago
- Snowstorm moves into New York area
26 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos