New York News
Fast-moving fire tears through Brooklyn building
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The top floor of a house went up in flames in the Crown Heights section of Brooklyn early Thursday.
Firefighters battled fast-moving flames from the porch of the Crown Street home just before 6:30 a.m.
Heavy flames were roaring out the top floor window of the private home, which could be a two-family apartment building.
Firefighters entered the building through the ground floor and via ladder to the balcony.
They fought their way through the flames to get inside, and the fire was brought under control fairly quickly.
There were no reports of any injuries to residents, and no firefighters were hurt.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
new york city, brooklyn, crown heights, fire, new york news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual 31 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold 41 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case 3 min ago
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Metro-North derailment sparks rules review
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Mega Millions jackpot grows to $400 Million
- Dealing with bitter blast with no heat
24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
41 min ago