New York News
Lindsay Lohan booked, gets new mug shot
NEW YORK -- Lindsay Lohan has a new mug shot.
The troubled 26-year-old actress turned herself in to police in California as a formality Tuesday, the day after she accepted a plea deal in her misdemeanor car crash case. A spokesman for the Santa Monica Police Department said she was booked then released.
Lohan was sentenced to spend five days in jail, but that time will be served in a locked-down rehabilitation facility. It's part of a plea deal that includes 90 days in rehab, 30 days of community labor, 18 months of psychological counseling, a fine and restitution.
Lohan pleaded no contest Monday to reckless driving and lying to police who were investigating the accident involving the actress in June along the Pacific Coast Highway. A charge of obstructing an officer was dropped.
Lohan also was found in violation of her probation in a 2011 necklace theft and sentenced to 180 days in jail. However, she can avoid that jail time if she complies with the conditions of her plea deal, which extends her probation for two years.
Superior Court Judge James R. Dabney set another hearing for May 2, when the court must be given proof of Lohan's enrollment in a treatment program.
After a pair of arrests for driving under the influence in 2007, Lohan has resolved her numerous legal issues without going to trial.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lindsay lohan, new york news
- Police search for arson suspect in Brooklyn 28 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind 53 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion 38 min ago
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 42 min ago
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 24 min ago
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center 7 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- FBI investigates hoax that sent SWAT teams to house 12 min ago
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
24 min ago
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ...
7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind
53 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos